I’m Kyrie Tompkins-Overlock. I’m 26, and I live in Central Maine. By trade, I’m a Web Designer & Developer. Personally, I’m a wife, a pet-mom, and a giant nerd. 🤓
There’s a part of me that likes to think I’m cool. That I’m a badass. But in reality, I’m a loser. I’m a massive Doctor Who fan, still sleep with a teddy bear, and spend most of my time on my computer.
Oh well. 🤷🏻♀️
The best way I can think of to describe myself is a mess. My tastes, my interests, my goals all intertwine in weird, conflicting ways. I want desperately to grow, to gain, to get out of this life I’m stuck in; yet I’m simultaneously terrified of change. I guess I’m still figuring myself out.
It’s okay. I mean, I’m young. I’m allowed to take time to figure it all out.
That’s what this blog is for – to explore myself, my thoughts, and feelings, in an effort to chronicle who I am. To really figure out who Kyrie is.
Until I have this revelation, here are the things I definitely know about myself:
- I have two cats. I love them, but I also kind of hate them sometimes.
- I also have two dogs. I love them unconditionally even when they ruin my things.
- I’ve never been sure about anything in my life. Except when I met Seth. I knew he was important.
- I’m a Slytherin, but I have a secret soft side. Being too bitchy makes me sad.
- I like flowers and video games. I like makeup and hair dye, but also sci fi and technology.
- I have a
hoardcollection of owl mugs that takes up 75% of my kitchen cabinets.
- I don’t cook often, but when I do it’s pretty decent.
- I love to sing. I especially love to harmonize. And when I’m alone, I often have one-woman shows that feature singing at the top of my lungs and
twerkingelaborate choreography. Nobody else must see those.
- I’m hella unreliable – I don’t mean to be, I just get sidetracked in my own life and forget that I need to do things for others.
- Cute animals and proposals will never not make me cry.
- I have problems with authority. I hate being told what to think, let alone what to do. I guess I’m a rebel.